I’m headed off on an adventure tomorrow. Not exactly the kind of adventure either you or I would want to go on, but adventure nonetheless:
*There is travel involved.
*I’m packing a suitcase.
*There will be new experiences.
*I will meet new people.
*I will return different than I was before.
This kind of adventure feels like jumping off a high precipice into a world of unknown. No, I’m not going to Paris. 😦 Though, with the money that this adventure will require, I could probably take several trips to Paris. But I digress.
I do not plan on blogging about this adventure, but I have planned a couple of yarny posts for you along the way. I will show you, however, my Paris Box, filled with goodies I’m taking on this trip:
1. Current sock knitting. I’m loving this Red Heart Sock Yarn with Aloe!!
2. Perfect, easy summer knitting: Another Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl yet without the fingering weight yarns wound together. I’m using Noro’s Silk Garden Sock Yarn, which is a DK weight yarn. (Remember this “one” lonely ball of yarn?) I’m knitting Paula Emons-Fuessle’s shawl with size 8 needles and the yummy lime Silky Wool cake is for the ruffle.
3. A new, recycled sketch journal given to me by the wonderful faculty and staff at the school where I’ve been teaching art.
4. A few comforting reminders for the stay. (Thank you Kay and Sheri!)
5. Macy. Who always cheers me. And cheers me on in creating the very best out of any situation. If you’d like to get to know Macy a bit better, check out these posts here, here, here and here. Thank you Ellen!
Thank you all, for your continued presence with me here in blogland. This adventure will continue knitting together a new life for me, and I look forward to all that will come of it in the future!